When selecting a live casino payment method, many would consider features like safety, reputation, and transaction speeds. One payment option that attracts most players is Trustly. With Trustly, live casino players can make quick and secure deposits and withdrawals via their bank accounts.
But honestly, casino Trustly isn't the most widespread banking method. Regarding acceptability, it trails other payment options like PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, Visa, and Mastercard. So, if you're still undecided about using Trustly at the casino, here is a comparison between Trustly and some of the most secure payment methods for online gambling.
What is Trustly?
Trustly is a Swedish online banking method launched in 2008 to facilitate cashless payments directly from your bank account. With Trustly, you can make quick and secure online casino payments without necessarily providing your credit card details. In other words, Trustly acts as an intermediary between players at the best live casino sites and their bank accounts.
But to make Trustly payments, live casino players must have an online banking account with a compatible bank in 30+ European countries, including the UK, Sweden, Spain, and Italy.
Below are the steps for making payments on a Trustly live casino:
Pros of Playing in Trustly Casinos
Using Trustly to play real money live casino games has several advantages. Below are the main ones:
- Quick casino transactions: Trustly casinos often support instant deposits through this payment method. Withdrawals are also instant, although this largely depends on the casino. But in general, Trustly withdrawals take less than 48 hours to be processed by the casino.
- Safety and reliability: Trustly is licensed by FSA (Financial Supervisory Authority) in Sweden and the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) in the United Kingdom. Being licensed and regulated means Trustly is a reliable live casino payment method.
- Multi-currency transactions: Trustly supports deposits and withdrawals in multiple currencies, depending on your bank or country. But players cannot make payments in USD, AUD, CAD, and other universal currencies. Read the Trustly T&C to know the supported currencies.
- Zero fees: Most casino players often overlook transaction fees when choosing a payment method. Compared to other options like Visa and Mastercard, which may charge players for making transactions, Trustly payments are often free. However, read the casino's payments page to confirm if there are any transaction fees for Trustly.
Cons of Playing in Trustly Casinos
As expected, Trustly also has some drawbacks that live casino players must be aware of before transacting. They include:
- Limited availability: Trustly is not a universal casino banking method. As said earlier, you can only use it in specific European countries, ruling out most players.
- Bonus eligibility: Most live casinos reward gamers with free spins, match deposit rewards, and reload bonuses. But to claim the reward, gamers must make a deposit using a qualifying payment option. Unfortunately, Trustly and some popular e-wallets may be ineligible for promotions.
Trustly vs. Credit Cards
Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are some of the most widespread live casino payment options. These Trustly alternatives offer a direct link to your bank account, allowing you to make a casino deposit or withdrawal without providing credit card details. Just link your card to the website and approve the payments.
But some players prefer a Trustly payment because credit and debit cards require them to share details like card number, name, CVV, and more. While there's no problem sharing these details on a legal and secure live casino, Trustly offers a more anonymous way to make bank payments. Select Trustly on the cashier and log into your online banking accounts to complete payments.
Trustly vs. e-Wallet
Many online gamblers prefer making payments through e-wallets like PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, MuchBetter, etc. With these electronic wallets, players only need to link their wallets by providing an email address. In other words, you don't need to furnish the casino with vital details to make payments.
Compared to Trustly, e-wallet deposits and withdrawals often take the same duration to process. However, transferring funds from Trustly to your bank account may take a few more days. This makes e-wallets the most reliable casino payment method for those seeking instant payments.
Trustly vs. Cryptocurrencies
Cryptocurrencies or altcoins are shaping up the way gamblers transact online. Players can make instant casino payments with digital coins like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Tether. Usually, most casinos would process crypto payments within 24 hours, the same time Trustly withdrawal durations might take.
But cryptocurrencies have an added advantage. These digital coins are decentralized and use blockchain technology, meaning all payments are anonymous. Players won't experience additional bank charges or waiting times with altcoin payments. This makes them more widespread payment options, especially in regions where gambling is illegal, like North Africa and the Middle East.
Trustly is undoubtedly a reliable payment option. It's ideal for online gambling if you're skeptical about sharing bank details with the casino site as you would with credit/debit cards. Trustly is also an excellent alternative for players who don't have an e-wallet.
But unlike popular payment options like PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Visa, and Mastercard, Trustly casinos can be challenging to find, especially outside Europe. Also, transferring funds from Trustly to your bank account might take a few days. Nevertheless, it's a reliable casino payment method.